Ganna Sorbat’s Projects…
Now Ganna Sorbat is working as a composer and arranger at the Pure Sound studio in the capital and business center of Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi. Pure Sound’s founder and executive director Taha Al Ajami is a composer, all-round educated person and has become Ganna’s friend.
– Ganna, could you tell us please how did you find Pure Sound and when did this happen?
– I remember it was a warm spring evening in Abu Dhabi, I was meeting with this talented actress and director Ksenia Giornokley (Giorno). She was the one who brought me to the Pure Sound studio. It was spontaneous and unexpected, but I felt as if I found myself in Disneyland. Since then I am considered as a colleague by the people at Pure Sound who treat me as though I am part of the family. I very much appreciate my friends and colleagues Taha, Ahmed, Ameed and Feras.
– Who do you work with now in the studio?
– I work with one of the famous composers and arrangers of Emirates, Taha Al Ajami.
Taha is so talented, there is no an impossible problems without solutions for him. He is unique example of a person who likes to make everything on his own and still always helps other people. He works hard around the clock on many part-time and full-time projects. At the same time he never loses his sense of humor and charm.
– What project did you participate on?
– On October 2013 we were asked by the government for the creation of a new arrangement for the UAE National Anthem in collaboration with the creative laboratory of TwoFour54 Company, where many tens of young actors, directors, producers and journalists work. Our studio became part of this large-scale project in which more than 100 people have been taking part during 6 weeks of effective work. It was an incomparable creative project for all of us. Reporters from TwoFour54 visited the studio every day and shot a video film about our work. My part of arrangement for the UAE National Anthem included the creation of a new harmony, scoring of piano part and choir arrangement.
Here’s some links on our project…
Video of UAE National Anthem 2013:
Documentary film about our work at UAE National Anthem:
References Pure Sound:
Web site of “TwoFour54” company:
– Did any Arab Emirates stars ever suggest you arrange his or her song?
– Yes. The arrangement for the famous Emirates singer Mansour Zayed’s song was my next successful project. I have strong hopes that Mansour will include this song in his new album and so everyone will be able to hear it.
A real composer must get to know and have experience about everything on its own: hate, love, misfortunes and gladness in order to transfer these emotions and feelings by means of music
Ganna continues working on her own musical compositions every day, bringing them to perfection and representing them for an audience without fear from critics because this young composer is firmly convinced of her good cause.
The real works of art are imprinted for ages and only those which speak to the main principles of life such as love, family, friendship, and self-sacrifice make the art worthwhile
– Ganna, what for you is an indication of this work of art, a model and an example to follow?
– On my point of view, the principal thing in the work of art (painting or composition) is its makeup or content. If the content isn’t significant then its sense will be lost. Without a real idea, a work of art can’t live for a long time. The real works of art are imprinted for ages and only those which speak to the main principles of life such as love, family, friendship, and self-sacrifice make the art worthwhile. Any fault in composition will distort the truth and the idea, so the composition will not find response in human hearts.
Art always takes a toll. As my dear teacher Vladimir Zolotukhin said: “A real composer must get to know and have experience about everything on its own: hate, love, misfortunes and gladness in order to transfer these emotions and feelings by means of music.”
Text: Viktoria Gorelova